Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Welcome Home: Guest Bathroom

I first moved out here at the end of August. Since then I've been trying to unpack and get settled in. It's amazing how much stuff you have to do and buy to get a new house in order. It's been over two months and I'm still not even near being complete. I've got so much to do still in the house and in the backyard. Once Josh gets here we're going to go to work on the backyard and stain the fence. 

You have to start somewhere so why not the guest bathroom? The house has two. Here's a photo of it right before I moved in.
Then I started to finally get a few things in there....
Coming in from the hallway. I love the stone floors and the stone shower. The tub is actually a Jacuzzi tub which I have yet to use. When Shayne helped me move out he accidently turned it on and we couldn't figure out how to shut it off. Ha! I might want to figure that out. 
 I've kept the color scheme the muted tan since my owls are vintage it works out well. 
 The mirrors and sink are a darker cherry wood. The finishes are stainless steel. 
 This bathroom is really large and this wall is huge. Since it's the wall that faces the shower, I might add something else to it besides the one owl. I wonder if there's a third owl out there to match the set? 
 
This is the view from the hallway going into the bathroom. I literally just put those photos up yesterday and I can't decide if I like them there. It's all the medals from my competitive twirling days and my photos from my collegiate majorette years. I mean we all need a little shrine right?
Stay tuned for more of the home tour!

9 comments:

Miranda said...

So cute :) I love your little house! can't wait to see more pictures!!!

Jennifer said...

Yea we have all of Aaron's army photos up like that. I think they take up too much space though that could be used for other things now.

Why Girls Are Weird said...

I love your little owl! And I like those pics and medals there, very cool lady!

Caroline said...

Keep the shrine! I love it!

missJANEd0E said...

I miss my jacuzzi tub!! Ahhhh I'm jealous :) but I agree with the others about the shrine! I like it there!

missJANEd0E said...

Ahh I'm jealous of your jacuzzi tub. I miss the one I had at my old place! & I agree w/ the others about the shrine... I like it there!

Kristin said...

loving the owls!!

Unknown said...

Your house is starting to come together!

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

It always takes a while. You want to make it look and feel cozy. You're getting there. :) YAY!